Australia Credit Licensee: Sure Harvest Pty Ltd Australian Credit Licence Number: 388648
Justin Marques t/as SpeC Finance Credit Representative Number: 516519
Australia Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) Member Number: 71694
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us.
- We may collect your personal information through you or third parties where prior consent was given.
- The personal information is collected for the purpose of assessing and managing your finance application.
- We may also disclose your information to any other organisation that may have or is considering having an interest in your finance, our license holder Sure Harvest Pty Ltd and any other relevant third parties that are required in order to provide our services such as our panel of lenders and third parties as part of our ordinary business.
Who do we disclose your information to?
- To anyone you have provided consent for us to do so
- Employees of SpeC Finance whom have authority and compliance with the handling of the personal information to access the information solely for our daily business purposes
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth);
- Our licensee Sure Harvest Pty Ltd, panel of lenders or any other third parties required to provide potential finance
- to your employer, referees or identity verification services
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party providers comply with the APPs, or are subject to a law or scheme that is at least substantially similar to the way in which the APP’s protect personal information.
How is my information stored and secured?
We may store your personal information electronically or in hard copy or both.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies. SSL and encryption are used within the website. Any hard copies are stored safely and not accessible by any individuals other than our staff that are required to deal directly with your information.
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and is required to store to comply with any laws. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information which we no longer need being 7 years. These measures may vary depending on the personal information held.
The provision of personal information by you is at your own risk. On our receipt of your personal information we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your personal information on our systems.
Some information may be stored overseas
What if I decide not to provide necessary information?
If you do not provide us with the necessary information then we can’t properly advise or assist you with your credit needs. It is part of our responsibilities as mortgage brokers to ensure we have made reasonable enquiries into an individuals’ situation before providing any potential finance.
How can I access or seek to update the information stored?
You can request access to your personal information held by us. We may ask that you put the request in writing and may also require some verified proof of identification before releasing or correcting any personal information.
We take the accuracy of your personal information seriously, if you are aware that the information we hold relating to you is inaccurate, incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can amend. If in the case that we decide not to correct the information for whatever reason than we will provide a written response as to why we cannot change it.
How do I make a complaint?
Although we do hope that you have a pleasant experience with us but in the case that you believe we have breached the Privacy Act or mishandled your personal information please contact our internal dispute resolution below so we can assist you as best as we can:
If you have any complaint(s) about the service provided to you, you can take the following steps.
- Contact Complaints Officer by phone on 1300 636 695 or in writing
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 3 days, put your complaint in writing and send it to Sure Harvest Pty Ltd Complaints Officer, PO Box 388, Sydney Markets NSW 2129.
Alternatively after failure to receive an unsatisfactory response or outcome please refer to the External dispute resolutions below:
- If an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.
Telephone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
In writing to: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
-The Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
In writing to: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
- We have professional indemnity insurance which meets our obligations under the Corporations Act. The policy covers claims made against us as credit intermediary and for the conduct of our mortgage brokers whilst acting as our authorised credit representatives.